- Job Title: Legal Secretary
- Location: Peterlee, County Durham
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Office Hours: 9 am to 5 pm – Monday to Friday
- Basis: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
DMA Law are looking to recruit a Legal Secretary at their Peterlee office for 5 days per week to support their resident Solicitor Caroline Ward in the Child Care department.
Ideally, they should have experience as follows:
- Possess all-round experience of Public Family Law.
- Possess all-round experience of Legally Aided Work and working knowledge of CCMS (Legal Aid Management System for making applications).
- Possess all-round experience of typing and transcription skills.
- Have an ability to create and administer day to day work efficiently and effectively within this role.
- Possess a good level of computer literacy and the ability to use bespoke computer systems.
Preferable but not essential as training will be given:
- Use of the SOS Connect case management system.
- Be able to be proactive, well organised and be able to use initiative as well as being a team member.
Responsibilities will include:
- Direct dictation.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Updating our Case Management system daily, including inputting information, uploading correspondence and documentation and attaching emails (as the Dept. works paperlight).
- Diary Management.
- Preparation of Bundles.
- Making applications for public funding on CCMS.
- Communicating with clients and third parties in person and on the telephone.