DMA Law is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to support its busy Child Care Department.
- Location: to be agreed, the candidate will be based at one of our 6 locations
- Salary: Depending upon experience
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
- Job Type: Full-time
- Basis: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Ideally, the applicant should:
- Possess all round experience of Public Family Law
- Possess all round experience of Legally Aided Work and working knowledge of CCMS (Legal Aid Management System for making applications)
- Possess all round experience of typing and transcription skills
- Have an ability to create and administer day-to-day work efficiently and effectively within this role
- Possess a good level of computer literacy and the ability to use bespoke computer systems
- Have a minimum of two years of experience as a Legal Secretary working in Child Care/Family.
- Be able to be proactive, well organised and to use initiative, as well as being a good team member.
Preferable experience, but not essential as training will be given:
- Use of the SOS Connect case management system
- Experience in preparing bills for legal aid matters
Responsibilities will include:
- Transcription of dictation
- Updating our Case Management system daily, including inputting information, uploading correspondence and documentation, and attaching emails (as the Dept. is working towards a ‘paperless office’)
- Diary Management
- Preparation of Bundles
- Making applications for public funding on CCMS
- Communicating with clients and third parties in person and on the telephone
Please forward your CV to Sophie Robinson – Solicitor/Childcare Department Manager at email@example.com by close of business on Friday, 19th Aug 2022.