DMA Law is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary to support its busy Child Care Department.
- Location: Peterlee or one of our other 5 locations
- Salary: Depending upon experience
- Hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
- Job Type: Full-time
- Basis: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
Ideally, the applicant should:
- Possess all round experience of Public Family Law
- Possess all round experience of Legally Aided Work and working knowledge of CCMS (Legal Aid Management System for making applications)
- Possess all round experience of typing and transcription skills
- Have an ability to create and administer day to day work efficiently and effectively within this role
- Possess a good level of computer literacy and the ability to use bespoke computer systems
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience as a Legal Secretary working in ChildCare/Family.
- Be able to be proactive, well organised and to use initiative, as well as being a good team member.
- Use of the SOS Connect case management system
- Experience of preparing bills for legal aid matters
Responsibilities will include:
- Transcription of dictation
- Updating our Case Management system daily, including inputting information, uploading correspondence and documentation, and attaching emails
- Diary Management
- Preparation of Bundles
- Making applications for public funding on CCMS
- Communicating with clients and third parties in person and on the telephone
Please register your interest for this role by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business on 26th January 2024.